This week's reading comes from CNN and is written by Philippe Reines:
Here are your critical reading questions:
- Who is the author of the article? What is their occupation?
- How does the author's professional capacity influence their opinions in this matter?
- What other bias' might the author have?
- How might the author of the article define "fake news"?
- What is the author's 7-point plan? Who is responsible for implementing it?
- What do you think of the final point? Will it help or does it go against rules of decency and decorum?
- Based on your reading of the article and your own background, what is your opinion of fake news?
- Do you think the author's plan to combat fake news will be successful?